Tabla, Cajon, Latin Percussion, Accompanist & Solo Percussionist
RENU has been studying percussion with Masters from India, Cuba and Brazil. As a tabla disciple of Sri Chiranjit Mukherjee, she is following the classic way of learning – ‘Guru shisha parampara’ which translates to ‘Master student journey’.
As a multi-percussionist RENU has toured with and played for multiple bands and artists. To name a few: Grace Jones, State of Bengal, Fun_da_mental, Kevin Davy Jazz D’semble, MIKA, Alabama 3, Tunde Jegede.
Additionally RENU has worked over 10 years as Accompanying Percussionist for all the major Contemporary Dance institutes in London and Berlin: Trinity Laban, Conservatoire of Music and Dance, The Place, Middlesex University, London Studio Centre, Birbeck and Arts Ed, Marameo and UDK (Berlin).
Excerpt from RENU´s percussion training
- 1985 Allahabad University, India: TABLA 1st Class Diploma
- 1999 Varanasi, India TABLA under tutorage of Sri Deepak Sahai
- 2001 Mumbai, India: TABLA under tutorage of Sri Mukhund Deo
- 2001 Havana, Cuba: LATIN PERCUSSION under tutorage of Basilio Perodin Iglesias.
- 2003 Bahia, Brazil: CONGA under tutorage of Giba Conceicao
- 2004 Havana, Cuba: LATIN PERCUSSION under tutorage of Basilio Perodin Iglesias
- 2005 Kolkata, India: TABLA under tutorage of Sri Indronil Bhattacharya
- 2008 to present: CAJON under different Cajon Maestros
- 2009 to present Kolkata, India: TABLA under tutorage of Sri Chiranjit Mukherjee – ‘Master student journey’
- 2019 Havana, Cuba: LATIN PERCUSSION