Tabla, Cajon, Latin Percussion, Accompanist & Solo Percussionist
RENU has been studying percussion with Masters from India, Cuba and Brazil. As a tabla disciple of Sri Chiranjit Mukherjee, she is following the classic way of learning – ‘Guru shisha parampara’ which translates to ‘Master student journey’.
THE SOLO ARTIST
As a multi-percussionist RENU has toured with and played for multiple bands and artists. To name a few: Grace Jones, State of Bengal, Fun_da_mental, Kevin Davy Jazz D’semble, MIKA, Alabama 3, Tunde Jegede.
CONTEMPORARY DANCE ACCOMPANYING PERCUSSIONIST
Additionally RENU has worked over 10 years as Accompanying Percussionist for all the major Contemporary Dance institutes in London and Berlin: Trinity Laban, Conservatoire of Music and Dance, The Place, Middlesex University, London Studio Centre, Birbeck and Arts Ed, Marameo and UDK (Berlin).
Excerpt from RENU´s percussion training
- 1985 Allahabad University, India: TABLA 1st Class Diploma
- 1999 Varanasi, India TABLA under tutorage of Sri Deepak Sahai
- 2001 Mumbai, India: TABLA under tutorage of Sri Mukhund Deo
- 2001 Havana, Cuba: LATIN PERCUSSION under tutorage of Basilio Perodin Iglesias.
- 2003 Bahia, Brazil: CONGA under tutorage of Giba Conceicao
- 2004 Havana, Cuba: LATIN PERCUSSION under tutorage of Basilio Perodin Iglesias
- 2005 Kolkata, India: TABLA under tutorage of Sri Indronil Bhattacharya
- 2008 to present: CAJON under different Cajon Maestros
- 2009 to present Kolkata, India: TABLA under tutorage of Sri Chiranjit Mukherjee – ‘Master student journey’
- 2019 Havana, Cuba: LATIN PERCUSSION